10 Best tips:
1. Get a JetBoil (hands down the most efficient stove system).
2. You WILL become miserable and achy at points, just get used to that idea. Oh, and bumpbox a huge bottle of Ibuprofen.
3. Run a thread through your blisters to absorb moisture (eww).
4. Don't get stuck with the first group of people you meet. There will be contless amazing people on trail. HYOH.
5. Remember to cowboy camp every once in a while.
6. Mosquitos suck... literally.
7. Throw every concept of hygiene and food standards out the window.
8. Bring ear plugs for sleeping, because what you don't hear isn't there.
9. If you don't do Half Dome, hike Clouds rest while in Yosemite (and get permits).
10. Enjoy your vacation, it will be amazing.